View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 11:31 PM   #20
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar
I look at it as being this is what makes America different. Yes, child molestors are evil. Yes, terrorists are evil. In other countries, those people would often be killed gruesomely right then and there. Our country is built on the backs of people who gave their lives to make our country different. We have laws and we have civil liberties. If we start ignoring the laws and we start taking away liberties, we become just another run of the mill country.

I am not advocating that we let people go or we make their lives easy...but I am saying that we can't start ignoring the laws that make this country great. We can't start taking away freedoms simply when we feel it serves our own purposes. To do this is well, unamerican.

Exactly. Everyone keeps saying, "why shouldn't we be able to torture people? The terrorists don't play by any rules!"

Their absence of rules is exactly what we should be abhorring, NOT embracing. The answer isn't to become more like them, it is to reinforce more of what we are.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote