Thread: tonight's menu:
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #13
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBlue
It all turned out great, although I put too much oil in the pot and had visions of being covered by a grease fire while I carefully fished some of it out.

The coating on the chicken was fantastic, and the herbs/garlic in the oil added an extra layer of flavor. The brining beforehand made the chicken plenty juicy and tender.

The potatoes were good. Hard to mess up mashed potatoes when you're adding in half and half, shallots, garlic, sharp cheddar, etc.

Corn stole the show. I'll never boil corn on the cob again. It's soooo much easier and better tasting to just throw it right in the oven on the rack, husk and all. Chile lime butter was good and a snap to make. We did it with sweet corn (white) and I think I've found a hit.

The baked alaska was awesome. I'd make it again in a heartbeat. Time consuming but not difficult, a very rich dessert with the strawberry/chocolate combo. Wish I had made enough for leftovers.
I am jealous. How did you make the chile-lime butter?