View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 01:56 AM   #30
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug View Post
Actually, I would argue that government primarily began to protect property, not produce capital. Capital was already being produced long before government began. It was when people wanted to preserve their capital and property that they began the government compacts.

Once formed, however, the role of government, I think, is most aptly described in the preamble to the Constitution.
You didn't read my post.

Society must produce capital, not government.

Government, simply stated, is an enabling constraint. We will argue which enabling constraints are essential, but those affecting property are most important. China demonstrates that societies can prosper in spite of personal freedoms, so long as economic freedoms prosper.

Liberties are wonderful, especially in light of having them, but the first foundation is economic. Societies, not government, build them. Government should protect its development and property rights.

We all fall into capital production, enabling constraint, or parasite. Government by its very nature is parasitic, unless it limits its constraints to essential constraints.

Governments, in general produce nothing.