View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I think the only folks who should be allowed to use the direction "discuss" on an internet board are those cool enough and inspired enough to have their own blogging page. Without an independently owned and operated blogging page how are you qualified to instruct others to discuss the pearls of wisdom you choose to lob before the huddled swine?

So I axe you (in my best Mona Lisa Vito voice from the great American cinematic classic "My Cousin Vinny") are you a blogger?

I actually think his conclusion has merit and the degree to which a force, let it be political or intellectual or religious, becomes a metaphysical mutation is probably dicated by its success in its own sphere or how it defines success. I think a metaphysical mutation sounds pretty damn gay, so I will vote no.

Besides that the idea came from a frenshmon, I think my prejudicial opinions on those folks are well documented. Beyond a blogger only use of "discuss" rule I think cheese eating surrender monkies should not be allowed to use witty phrases that start with the same sound. Isn't that like alliteration or something like that????????
Normally I would agree with you, but I think if the quotation comes from a Frenchman's celebrated existentialist novel that ipso facto justifies the "discuss" directive.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote