View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 07:04 PM   #45
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
In fairness to hoya, I imagine many citizens ask the same question, innocently enough. If hoya were to be perfectly candid, hoya might admit a visceral dislike for Bush that anything he can critisize relative to the Administration, makes him look at a matter cynically. There is much to be cynical about.

However, hoya's cynicism centers on the mistaken belief that government can cure all problems.

I imagine significant numbers of citizens believe NORAD has the technical capacity to know, and then to inform its chief automatically and immediately, that X number of planes, private and commercial, are straying into dangerous civilian areas.

If people were aware of the daily number of near misses, they would be horrified.

And interestingly, easterners believe, because it's New York City, everybody should be concerned. BTW, did anybody see the blurb on CB which stated that the flight instructer was an LDS man from Walnut Creek California, leaving a wife and children?

To answer hoya's question, it is NOT feasible to police the skies as hoya might believe.

And it is not feasible for the chief to be advised of every mishap instantly, especially given verification procedures and chain of command. So I actually am glad the chief keeps informed through the public commerical sites as well as his government sources, as I believe in many instances, commercial works better and more quickly than governmental.
I fail to see what this matter has to do with Bush. You continue to treat this issue as if it is a pro-Bush/anti-Bush issue. Could you explain how that is the case? I also don't know where I have ever claimed that the government can cure "all" problems. I have raised a specific concern about the government's lack of ability to protect the economic capital of the world. That is hardly tantamount to saying all problems should be fixed by the government. Of course you already knew that, but, straight from the Creekster school of thought, believed you could build up a straw man and then act upset that I am not addressing your straw man.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote