View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 05:48 PM   #10
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
Robert's cinematography is nothing short of breathtaking in 'Gloire. Those shots in the park are some of the most gorgeous I've ever seen. They're simply mind blowing. I haven't seen 'Château de ma mère', but I'll put it on my list.

The level of prudery in Utah County is difficult to overestimate. Sometimes I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

As an art guy are you ever frustrated with the fact that some (not all) Church members' are outright hostile to art? I'm not talking so much about the preponderance of ghastly Distribution Center prints (although we could discuss that), but more about puritanical judgmentalism.

The scarlet "A" hung on Hester Prynne's neck wasn't for adultery--it was for art.
I have taught life drawing to fine art and animation students for several years. Such knowledge always prompts a quizzical look. I see nudity and nakedness as two different things.

I've often opined *not always in jest* that the world would be a much better place if we did not wear clothing, save it be shoes to protect our feet

Certainly many artists become obsessed with nudity. Their art even crosses a line and therefore does not deserve protection under the guise of freedom of expression.

Yet to shun nudity in art as an unhealthy obsession with the naked body and sex is sad and frustrating.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote