View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 03:30 PM   #2
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I read all this stuff about Plaisted wanting to play the 4.

Trent, get your butt under the basket, learn to play interior D, learn to rebound, learn to play with your back to the basket, learn post moves, learn how to finish in the paint.

I'm so sick of tall guys that want to play on the outside. I'm sympathetic because in the NBA he'll need to play the 4--maybe. But what these kids don't understand is that the skills that a center has are megavaluable in the NBA. Even if you're a 3 or 4 man, if you practice those skills, it will bring you a major ROI.

Come on Trent, do your duty. You're not going on a mission, so do you duty for BYU. Play the position they need you at, do a good job, work your butt off, and you'll be better off for it when it's time to go pro.

I agree with you. Trent needs to log the majority of his minutes this year at the 5 and become a good college center. Then next year, after Malaman and Keena Young graduate, he can develop an outside shot and go out and play on the perimeter.

KY and Trent are the two best players on the team. KY cannot play anything but the 4. In order to get the best team on the court it means Trent is still at the 5.