View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 06:13 PM   #8
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Plaisted got stuck on guarding smaller players on occasion off switches. One of the most impressive things I've ever seen was him isolated on a black 6'5ish swingman, who tried to smoke him baseline. Plaisted got down in defensive position, moved his feet, and beat him to the spot. Very impressive. Plaisted most definitely has the quickness to play the 4. His only weakness in my mind in him at the 4 is shooting.

But his value in the paint far exceeds anything he can give us at a different position.

I agree with Goat 100% that Trent and Keena are the two best players on the team, and Keena's value is at the 4. So at least until next year, TP has got to be nearly exclusively at the 5 for the good of the team. I also believe that TP's skills at the 5 are so needed, that even next year and beyond, it is best for Cougs to keep him there. I further believe that, though TP will probably play the 4 in NBA, investing the time in college playing the 5 exclusively will help him just as much in the long run as splitting time and practice at both positions.

But just cuz I want him at the 5, I strongly defend his quickness and overall ability to move to the 4 when the time comes.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote