Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2203228

Don't miss my minimalist participation.

In case the link doesn't work, here's the post that kicked it off:

Author: EV94305
Date: Oct 25, 2006 - 02:56pm
Category: Political discussion
Viewed 147 times

The New Jersey Supreme Court just ruled that gay couples are entitled to the same rights as heterosexual couples; i.e. gay marriage.

Democrats pick and confirm judges who do stuff like this -- inventing new "rights." Republicans do not. That is the one, most important, most simple reason why I am a Republican.

If these liberal, activist judges are not stopped, this kind of stuff will continue. Gay marriage will be required in every state -- even Utah -- by judicial fiat. A constitutional right to welfare will be discovered by the courts. The U.S. will be required to abide by "international law" -- even treaties the U.S. never agreed to. Etc., etc. I'm not exaggerating. This is the kind of stuff that the continued tolerance of activist, liberal judges will bring. It is our future.

If you claim to believe that judges should not engage in law making (particularly law making that is contrary to American democracy), or claim to support the LDS church's position against gay marriage, you must vote for Republicans -- particularly for positions with direct connections to judicial selection (such as governors and senators). If you don't, you are either stupid or a liar. The LDS Church can't say this (for tax reasons), but I can.
I like the sister thread. How can LDS go for the U?

Voting Democrat and Cheering for the U. Two things most church members can't fathom why a fellow church member would do. And for the same reason. They believe by doing so you are opposing the church.

I understand the logic about the U, but not so much about the democrats.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote