Thread: Simi Fili
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 03:06 PM   #8
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Who else has offered Junior Tea?

I would think a JC DT would be a good pick up. Especially one who can come to Provo for Spring ball.

The only real meat for next year is Russel Tialeeva and perhaps Isley Filiaga. I like the quicker smaller DTs such as Moses Foketi and Magnum Mauga, but as Jenna Jameson always says...sometimes a little meat can bring so much pleasure.

Also, how serious is BYU pursuing Cade Cooper. I also would like to see a JC QB coming in to compete for the job. I think everyone involved believes it likely that Max Hall is the next guy, but I highly doubt Bower will be anywhere near ready to play. If Hall gets hurt and BYU has to play Bower it will be very lucky to win as many games as they lose with Bower playing.

Further, a JC qb would be nice if Bower transfers if he does not get the job. Lastly, a JC QB would make it real easy to transition Bower to OLB or TE if Max Hall wins the job and performs admirably as a sophmore.

But what do I know? I thought the DL situation this year would prevent BYU from winning more than 8 games.
Cooper has been looked at very heavily and is expecting an offer from Oklahoma. BYU has invited him to walk on. The problem with BYU is we are so thin on Schollies right now with all the early commits. I think the coaching staff half expected some of these early commitments to back out and go somewhere else, opening up a few more schollies at the end of the year to address other needs. However so far everyone has stayed firm to their commitment.

I agree with you we need possibly a JC QB and some JC "Girth"