View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 10:01 PM   #11
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever
I'll tell you what sucked the most: traveling from San Diego to Utah for the game; my ride from the game back to SLC were a couple who don't care much for football but were there to be social. They insisted on leaving at the end of regulation, to avoid traffic.

So while walking from the stadium to their car, I tried to determine by crowd noise what was happening.

Saw the replay on channel 11 at midnight.
That not only sucks, but I think it violates several international conventions. In fact, BBC recently did a report on some tribes in Borneo where the punishment for such an infraction of the social order is a choice between severe genital mutilation by a ballpeen hammer or watching last year's BYU-UNLV game.

Not surprisingly, most offenders opt for the ballpeen hammer.

I hurts just thinking about it.

:x

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote