View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 02:38 AM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
We just had a meeting last sunday and we are combining all of the scouts in our ward and two others. Except we have 12 deacons in our ward and the ward we just split from has 14, so i guess this will be pretty big in the younger age groups.

However we only have 1 priest and 1 teacher.

We lay everything out this sunday, the good thing is i may get released from my calling, since i cant imagine they need 9 committee members.
You're in Utah, right? I may have mentioned that similar talk is going on in our stake. 3 wards that meet in 1 building have combined scouting programs. My YM's president is against doing so, because he had a bad experience in the past. When he was Bishop he felt his kids were being left out (the kids felt superfluous because the other ward's scoutmaster wasn't involving his kids). So what we are looking to do now is to have combined activities, but stop short of forming just one troop.

Is it really possible to run a scouting program with 7 boys? 3 of whom may be on a campout? It's tough. WIthout numbers you can't even play 2 on 2 football, much less capture the flag.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote