View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 10:11 AM   #4
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Well, the Messiah went pretty well. The choir was pretty good and the orchestra held together pretty well although the strings were always a bit of an adventure to listen to. Mostly kids. Almost all of the winds either had a music degree or were working on one. But things did go well.

One problem; apparently between the dress rehearsal Saturday morning and the performance Sunday night someone decided to jack up the choir's mikes a couple of notches. I talk to a couple of people who said that they had a hard time hearing the orchestra(if you can believe that). A friend said that the little kids in the back were covering their ears. Cats were screeching and dogs were howling. Ok, I made that last part up. Anyhow, it was hard to tell all this from the performers perspective. My wife said that she couldn't really hear my (trombone) part from seven rows back. That kind of disappointed me.

Nevertheless, the performance itself went well; I enjoyed myself, and the audience seemed to really like it. Its fun to perform and it wasn't as hard to get back into shape as I thought that it would be.
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote