View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 08:30 AM   #1
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa
Default Why do some serve missions then leave the church?

I've always found that interesting. And admittedly the about-face is not something I've understood very well. I've never understood the whole serving a mission because one felt they had to because of the peer pressure thing and then heaping blame on the church and/or culture for their OWN decision to serve when they didn't want to.

I don't care if someone served a mission or not and that's not the focus of my curiousity, but am curious about why serve, especially if you didn't want to and then bag on the church later? It's confusing to me. Some don't bag on the church. Some do. They all have their own reasons like some on here have mentioned before and I respect that.

I'm curious from the viewpoints of those who served a mission and left. I'm curious why did you serve in the first place? Was it something that for yourself you didn't realize til later on that you didn't believe what you taught as a missionary anymore?

I know there could be lots of different reasons why and I'm curious as to the psyche of this and would like to hear your opinions and insights. I'm not slamming their reasons and don't plan to, it's purely a lack of understanding on my part and I admit that.

Thanks.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 01-10-2007 at 08:33 AM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote