View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 05:23 PM   #18
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Superman Returns -- it wasn't a bad movie, and I liked it better upon on 2nd viewing, but I remember walking out and saying to my brother...."Why do I feel like we just walked out of a chick flick?"

Star Wars 1 & 2. The 3rd was an improvement, but still not great.

Pretty much any B.S. artsy fartsy movie that most critics like, espeically the liberal crowd, and garbage movies where if someone has to say they like it so they can pretend to be part of the "in the know" crowd.....i.e....manipulative garbage movies like Crash. If a critic is fawning over it....say like "Little Miss Sunshine"...it's a virtual gurantee I won't stand it.

Pretty much any Independent film that happens to be the latest hip craze where it's not cool to say you thought it sucked. I have no problem saying most of them suck. Occasionally I'm pleasantly surprised.

Unfunny comedies like Big Lebowski and O Brother Where Art Thou. I usually enjoy the reaction I get from people when they here I didn't like either of them. Being odd, warped and bizarre doesn't make a movie great.

The Coen Brothers are the most overated filmakers in Hollywood. Their stuff is usually overated, over-reaching, unfunny dung.
Remind me to never take your advice on movies.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote