View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 04:48 PM   #18
VAX77

VAX77

Fusnik, you have some really valid points about homosexuality. I have to complement you in your constant questioning and being unafraid to tell it like it is. Are you sure you aren't from NYC. :wink: However, If I had to rank how "bad" fornication, adultery, or homo. is, the way I see it in the gospel acording to VAX77:

Fornication-very bad obviously, but you do not break up as many families with forn. as adultery

Adultery-breaking marital covenenants and breaking families apart with kids or potential for kids within a fmaily unit(although many still make it through, not the majority, but many. I would take my wife back if she cheated on me and I knew it was a one time thing, thats just me, I think divorce should be used like abortion is in the church. It is a last resort, even with rape or danger of ones life, with prayerful consideration) Do not read into the rape issue, I would totally justify an abortion in my mind if someone was raped, but that is a different issue for a different post.

Homosexuality- it prevents families from existing in first place in that it prevents children from being born and it also distorts the roles that we have been given by God. I am not saying these roles include the woman being barefoot and pregnant, but the roles of man and woman are distinct and it is what it is. We have different capacities and anyone here who is married with a kid or 7 :wink: , will tell you that their wives play roles in their home setting that is different than theirs, but essential to their children

I would love to see your thoughts on this

One more thing. What wre your thoughts on the rise of popularity and possbily prevelance of homosexuality in society as we have been trending towards more unconvential family units in the past few decades. My feeling is that certain people are born with "tendencies" whether it be stubborness, temper, or homosexual feelings as part of our individual packages of trials that are personalized. at the same time, this does not excuse behaviors either. Second though, is my thought that muc of what we see in homosexual prevelance today is also from environmental factors, ie single parent homes without fathers, etc. Not to say that every single parent home is single for the same reason or that every single parent family will have their kids star on will and grace...

Just some thoughts
VAX77 is offline   Reply With Quote