Thread: Ms. Clinton
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 10:55 AM   #14
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
I will grant you that it would seem that the most charismatic politician wins in a general election, but I will also add that charisma is, to a large degree the perception as put forward by the media. Just as an example, Howard Dean was charismatic, until he was over enthusiastic, and then he was considered one of the most charmless politicians in recent memory.
I totally agree. That's my point. In the primaries we're actually choosing based on platform. The voters most educated about the issues are the ones that turn out for primaries. But for 30 years the election itself has gone to the mosre likeable guy. So if party X wants to win, they're going to have to choose a good persona in the primary process.

Quote:
I think Hillary has the best combination of factors, and she has a chance to undo some of her negatives and show that she has "it."
I will wait for my conservative friends to start puking now.
Tell me you're kidding. Please. Like now. Before the nausea hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
What? Your husband wants me to be disenfranchised? Babs, you need to talk some sense into him, dummies are people too.
I don't know about the rest of you guys, I gave up trying to talk sense into my spouse long ago.
(To be fair, I think Mr. Gordon's actual argument is that the founding fathers intended the U.S. to be a republic and not a democracy. But what good is it to characterize his beliefs accurately?? It's much more fun to caricature them and then poke fun at him!)

Last edited by BarbaraGordon; 01-22-2007 at 10:58 AM.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote