View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 07:05 PM   #30
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Dr. Hill came off looking better than he should have in the contest against Coach Majerus. They both share fault. The departure had to do with the negative press for some of Rick's foibles coupled with two tremendous egos. Dr. Hill didn't enjoy what Coach was allowed to do, and that was part of Coach's undoing. Dr. Hill has an ego as well, so when the opportunity to push one ego out the door, he was all too willing.
The good doctor, who is about as much a doctor as you are, is in charge of a ship where the standard bearer program is on the precipice of its worst two year run in history. This type of consistent futility is unprecedented in the annals of Ute hoops history. Perhaps I am too much of a W/L typa guy, but I don't think anyone in the Utah AD comes out ahead of Senor Buttcrack Cleavage the the triangle and 2 defense.

We know that Majerus is a meanie and weird. We all knew that years ago. I never felt the BYU heads' stories of his poor behavior were made up. No light shed on Majerus. However, we know that Chris Hill made a poor assesment of the situation and floundered getting the blame placed on the right soul. It was Majerus undermining the program..now it is that Giac had a lobotomy. Personally, I still think Majerus can coach, but I am not nearly convinced that BCS school presidents will come courting the good doctor anymore.

Objectively, there is no way anyone can conclude the good doctor is better at his trade than the round mound of basketball knowledge found.