View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 04:34 AM   #7
InTheMuss

InTheMuss

I'm not sure how he can quantify that it helps or hurts... I haven't read the article but the absence of LDS professors doesn't prove a bias against them.

I'm an LDS student at the U and I haven't had any backlash against me because of my religious beliefs.

Also I have had a couple of LDS professors... so it's not like the U is purging itself of any LDS influence. IE) Young as President... Eyring teaching in the Chem Dept.. Ingebretsen in the Physics dept. I don't ask my professors what church they go to though, so there are probably more. I only know the ones I listed because they mentioned something that tipped me off.

Also Mike... I'd like to see his stats to prove that none of those professors are active LDS because I did have a freshman english lit professor in 99 who I know is LDS and I know she is active. She still teaches at the U as well... Dr. Carolan Ownby. I believe she heads up a program now called LEAP which is basically a program to complete all your gen eds in the least amount of time possible. She still teaches English lit though.

Frankly I don't understand why their religion would make any difference in their instruction anyways.
InTheMuss is offline   Reply With Quote