View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 07:03 PM   #20
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post
Not trying to be condescending at all. Just common sense. How could I presume to say what anyone can say or not say on a message board???

If you, or anyone else on this board has ever served a mission (I'm assuming most on here purport to be LDS)...then you know how people are all over the spectrum regarding their spirituality.

It is easy to throw things about, on a message board,... but you never know how it will affect people. If one finds themselves calling LDS authors or GA's derogatory names, saying they are full of crap, etc... is that constructive? Not saying you have to even be constructive...don't know what I"m trying to say at the moment...but, I would think that one would be more sensitive to the various levels of spirituality of people who are "out there".

I am half serious about a "philosophy" catagory.
The topic sub-title says "All things LDS and not."

Questioning GAs is verboten? Yet my Mormon friends are quick to point out that there is no doctrine saying GA's are perfect (on mention of some dubious statement by current or past GAs).

I'm still not clear on the sub-division because it seems to me what you are really suggesting is a "testimony safe" region for members, still in the milk-suckling stage, who's LDS testimonies might be shaken and another where all people (members and non) can discuss freely anything about religion or philosophy. I contend that the testimony-safe region already exists, its called the religion category on "cougarboard.com" and probably several other LDS-only message boards.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote