View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Jensen vs Cummard

I can't believe I'm entering this ridiculous debate. I couldn't care less about Alex Jensen, but I'm loving Cummard right now.

I don't remember much of Alex Jensen. I basically only watched him when he played BYU and then maybe a handful of times beyond that. I knew he was a solid player, dependable, fundamentally sound, clutch. But I never feared him much as he seemed to be capped out at a certain level--scoring garbage points and hitting an open jumper, but never able to beat you single handedly. so that's my memory of him; I admit it's not the most educated take.

Here are the stats. The NBA productivity stat is my favorite stat, especially for these guys. It combines points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks and penalizes for missed shots, missed free throws, and turnovers.

player, year, points, reb's, productivity per 40 min.

Jensen, soph, 6.8, 5.8, 15.9
Jensen, jun, 12.1, 7.6, 23.2
Jensen, sen, 13.1, 7.5, 22.6
Cummard, soph, 9.3, 5.7, 21.6

Cummard kills Jensen in the glue stats assists, TO's, blocks, steals. But Jensen really picked up his productivity stats his jun and sen years by increasing points and reb's production. I believe Lee will do the same for points but not sure he will ever get to Jensen's rebounding level. If he picks up points and/or reb's and keeps his other stats high, he will kill Jensen's productivity stat. Also, both Jensen and Cummard's productivity stats are unbelievably high for their positions--especially Cummard playing a 2/3. Productivity stat usually favors inside players because rebounds are the easiest stat to get of the productivity matrix.

The stats show Cummard and Jensen are in the same league with two years for Cummard to improve.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote