View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
This is a fun topic.

One of the girls at our school that dominated in girls basketball and went on to play at BYU would play with us in pick up games on occasion. She was worse than the sophomore boys. She was a 4 in the girls game and played a soft, slow 2 in the boys game.

I'm pretty sure that not only could the 5A state champs beat the BYU girls team, but the 5A state champs would probably win the WNBA. I was an average large school high school basketball player. I think I would have been a star in girls college basketball. I would have been stonger and taller than anyone at my position and just as quick. I don't think many would have a shooting advantage either.

Shooting? That's the only argument I've seen. But look at these stats for BYU. FT shooting 63%, opponents 71%. Three point shooting 33%, 32% opponents. Total FG% 43%, opponents 35%. If they shoot that like that with girls guarding them, what are they going to shoot with boys guarding them?

P.S. the girls volleyball team challenged the boys at our school in a game of volleyball. This isn't California. The boys had next to no experience in vb and had no strategy or coaching. We still beat them.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote