View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 06:34 PM   #7
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahWaters View Post
What's the point here, that in general, boys are better than girls at basketball? I don't think anyone will argue with you there.

Sheesh, someone must have bruised someone's masculinity today
The topic was heavily discussed on CougarBoard this morning. One issue is this article about the NCAA wanting to ban women's college teams from playing against men during practice (supposedly the reasons they want to prevent women from practicing against men have to do with Title IX - thus only increasing my belief that Title IX in particular and priciples of egalitariansim in general are simply evil).

So, the question came up about whether or not a high school boys BBall team could beat a women's NCAA BBall team. The funny thing is that as soon as some people started discussing it on CougarBoard, others did the same thing as you and accused them of trying to build up their masculinity (I know you are only joking but the tools on CB were serious). Perhaps if the Title IXers would stop hacking away men's athletics then men wouldn't feel the need to build up their masculinity?
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote