View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 05:21 PM   #35
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
If the University reworked the honor code in a mullah-like fashion, would you say "well that's the way it's supposed to be at BYU"?

You might be saying, instead, "why don't we just leave it as it was before."

And that's what Evenson was saying. "Let's keep the old BYU, and not go to this new BYU."
I already believe the Honor Code to be in full-mullah fashion.

My poor defense isn't something I agree with. But as was noted a significant number of faculty do their undergrad work there. Most are LDS and are keenly aware of the atmosphere and mullah culture there already, so why would any of this be surprising to anyone? I am not saying that's how it's supposed to be and that this policy is agreeable, but to paint with a wide brush, it is what it is. That's BYU. That doesn't make it right, but that's an underlying assumption one must consider before applying to study at or work for BYU.

I learned from my own experience that fighting the HC is like kicking against the pricks. And there are a ton of pricks in the HC department.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote