View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 03:50 AM   #8
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Interestingly, when Adam and Eve discover their "nakedness" (or spiritual alientation from God) God attempts "to cover" them with symbolic coats of animal skin. "Atonement" means "to cover." Therefore, when man sins and becomes naked through loss of the spirit, God provides the way for loss of the nakedness through a covering, or rather the atonement.
I like this portion of the creation story. The Lord drapes Adam and Eve, aka us, with coats of skin. The coats of skin must be extracted from some living being. The underside of the coats, naturally would be covered with blood as their sacrifice becomes our 'cover.'

Paradoxically the skins also represent distance from our God. It segregates us from our maker. A question that arrises in my mind, can we shed these coats in this life to enter into the rest of the Lord? For practical applications for LDS, can one reach the point of renting the veil? Can you reach the point where the garment is no longer useful?

I don't know if Satan can tell the truth. Jesus teaches in John 8:

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

If Satan cannot tell the truth, the implications are a lot different than the standard LDS point of view.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote