Thread: Rumor mill...
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 04:45 AM   #8
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

I share Indy's sentiments. I too believe that the expectations of many fans exceed what the personnel that we are able to put on the field are capable of. The only way that BYU will ever become a national power is to rescind the honor code. And we all know the chances of that happening.

A bowl game each year is feasible. We should manage 6-7 wins. I just wonder how many of these types of seasons we are afforded before the remaining luster of what was once an attractive opponent to many teams wears off.

I also wonder how long before the administration comes to this realization as well. Are we going to push Bronco out the door like they did GC? I mean the goals are to win the MWC. Does anyone honestly believe that BYU can do this in the next 2-3 years? TCU has this conference on lockdown and I expect Utah to compete also. I wonder if Bronco has been given a timetable. I honestly don't think we got a better coach in Bronco. He and GC are a push. Take away the honor code violations and I believe that GC is here for at least this season and at the very least manages a 6-6 record if not better.

I do think Rachel's posts have legitimacy and that Cougars should be concerned.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote