View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 02:00 AM   #1
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road
Default I am trying to be a runner

Let me preface this by saying that running has never been my thing even when I was in shape. I've hated running distances, no matter how long or short. But after my son was born, I realized how overweight I was (I weighed about 255 on a 6'2" frame) and how much I needed to be in shape. Ideally I need to get down to around 190-200 as I have a frame that can let me carry more weight and still look okay.

So for Valentine's Day my wife gave me (even though I purchased and came up with the idea) a Nike + system for her Nano so I could track my workouts and motivate myself to get out and run. I've had it for just over a month and I absolutely love it. Since I started using it, I've ran almost 40 miles (for me, it's a HUGE accomplishment) Nothing has gotten me running EVER like this before. And in addition to running I've also tried eating better, healthier foods. The first week I both ran and ate better I dropped from about 248 on Sunday to 238 the next Monday (which was this last Monday). I've put on a few of those pounds back thanks to a lousy late-night meal after the temple at Applebee's Tuesday and some Pizza last night, but still I've been motivated to get in shape.

Anyways, I post this because I just got back from my longest run ever, which for me feels great. I feel like I've accomplished something. I ran 5.11 miles in about 55 minutes, so about an 11 minute mile. I don't know that I'll ever be able to run a full on Marathon, but my goal is to just run as much as I can. I want to be in shape, and this is hopefully going to be a great chance at getting back where I want to be, and where I really should be. I'm also taking a shirtless picture every week to track. Maybe once I get a little further along I'll post some pictures so you can make fun of me for getting to the point that I was at, but working my way back to where I'm going to be. And if anybody else has a Nike + (I know Steel Blue does) I'm always up for a challenge to keep me motivated!
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote