Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
Lyrically they aren't deep. Their main themes are:

1. Hedonistic narcissism
2. Ill-defined rebellion
3. Love songs (during the Hagar years)
4. Hedonistic love songs (like Jamie's Cryin,' Finish What Ya Started and Poundcake)

And then there's the killer remakes. Saying they don't have soul, though, just doesn't ring true for me. It sounds like what fans of 90s grunge said about 80s rock until they realized all those indy labels were owned by the big record companies. VH rocks.
See, that's what I like about you SEIQ. Most intellectuals are music snobs and look down their noses at bands like VH.

I'm hugely pissed that the DLR reunion didn't happen. I've seen VH with Hagar twice and DLR solo, but I have yet to see the original line-up. Honestly, I don't think it will ever happen.

EVH is underrated as a guitarist. I think Rolling Stone ranked him 50th or something - they should be shot. I think he doesn't get respect because he spawned alot of two-finger tapping hair-metal wannabe's with no soul. Eddie is not only technically proficient, but HE DOES HAVE SOUL. He's a great rhythm guitarist and has laid down some of the greatest riffs of rock - Panama, Runnin with the Devil, and Unchained are at the top of my list.

And you're right about covers. Diver Down was half covers and it rocked.

Eruption. 'nuff said.

VH is alot like AC/DC - it's about killer riffs, kick ass guitar solos, great beats, poundin' a few beers (O'Douls of course) and havin' a good time.

Last edited by Venkman; 03-27-2007 at 10:31 PM.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote