View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 03:18 PM   #20
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I agree with Pap almost word for word....

The Utah dominance that is often referred existed from about '95-'99. Since the inception of the MWC Utah has been a top tier MWC program but did not dominate in my opinion. I would go so far as to say that Utah was the top dog in the MWC. I find Utah's situation in the MWC from '00-'05 similar to BYU in football after Ty Detmer until about '99. Top program arguably and without question a top tier program, but not dominating.

Things change. It appears that UNLV is going to make an effort to be a major player again, we shall see. I think that if UNLV wants to be really good at hoops they can be better than Utah. I also think that BYU is not going to tank like they did during the latter half of the 90's when the Ute dynasty existed.

So basically I believe that Utah is going to face stiffer competition from the Rebels and the Cougars, perhaps even the Lobos and while Coach Boylen might be a good coach, which I think he will be, I think Utah returning to dominate is about as likely as BYU football returning to dominate.