View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 09:08 PM   #9
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I'm not anti-speedplay per se. I use them myself, when I replaced my el cheapo performancebike look-style cleats.

It's just that I preferred the more secure feeling of the Looks.

I'm not sure which shoe is the best, but I would recommend not going cheap on shoes. I got the $70 shimano shoes. They are fine, but I could have done much better. It's just that I'm too cheap to get better ones.

More importantly don't go cheap on the cycling shorts. I recommend the pearl izumis.

I saw some shimano shoes at Spin Cycle in Holladay... I think they were $99 or so. I will probably go with those. It seems like in cycling, it's better to spend more money and get the nicer things to start out rather than saving a little bit on a couple different things but then always wanting to get other stuff... and needing to get the nicer things sooner.

I admit, I'm intimidated by the speed play pedals because they are so tiny and they look like they would lack support and comfortability.

I'm actually going up to the pearl izumi outlet in park city tomorrow to get my shorts and gloves and possibly a jersey. thanks for the advice!
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote