View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 03:48 AM   #7
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
I have been thinking about this a lot this weekend (yes, I realizer this is bizarre). I find it amazing that this has never been considered before. As described in the articles, previous theories were based in one of two approaches: either a straight ramp on one side of the pyramid, which would have been almost a mile long as the pyramid neared completion and which would have been almost as time consuming to build as the pyramid itself, or a ramp built around the outside of the structure that was removed when the pyramid was complete. The latter option would have made finish work difficult and would also have required significant labor and materials. There is apparently little direct evidence of either one of these options. So after centuries of thinking about it someone strikes on an idea that is simple and yet so obvious. These sots of gestalts are hard to explain. Where do they come from?
What do you mean by gestalt? You mean epiphany?

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote