View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #6
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
Legally speaking (how else would I speak?) I don't think it makes a difference from the school's standpoint where they were taken as opposed to where they were viewed. If they had sent him a bomb, I doubt it would matter where they built it. On the other hand, there may be some issue about whether they intended it to go to him at school or somewhere else, or whether it was reasonably foreseeable that he would recieve it at school. Bottom line, I think the school could have easily justified being much harder on the girls.

Diving now to why men go easier on women.......well there I just already said it all. Men are hard on men. Women are infinitely harder on each other than men are on each other or than women are on men. Men are lend a sympathetic ear to things that would make other women say PUH-LEASE!! Men instinctively want to protect women. I think, in my amatuer opinion, that this is why men get it harder in the church than women do. I think the Priesthood issue is a post-hoc rationalization, but what do I know. Well, I know this: if women were put in these decision making positions, suddenly women would find that things had gotten tougher for them and men would find that things had eased up somewhat.
I don't know. I agree, given the theological disparity in authority, the Church overcompensates, but I disagree that women would go easier on women. From what I've regretably seen in a limited number of divorce cases, sympathy for men is limited and in short supply. Women tend to hate men but not vice versa. Obviously that is an overgeneralization but a woman's affections cools easily.