View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
in light of the ongoing discussions in the religion thread I thought many here might like this article:

http://www.time.com/time/arts/articl...604096,00.html
I read that article before. I actually thought it was kind of dumb. I didn't really get where JTIII's coming from. I like that if there were racial stereotypes about the Princeton offense that he's breaking them. But I don't necessarily believe that. The Princeton offense is being run at some level in the pro's and also at NC State and a handful of other college teams. The Princeton offense is one I'd choose as a coach if I had a talent differential problem and I had no dominant center. I don't even think it's the right offense for Georgetown. And not because they're not smart enough to run it.

If you have a talent differential issue, you want to slow down the game as much as possible, keep other teams from running on you, milk the clock to limit possessions, shoot from the outside or sneaky back-door cuts because you don't have the talent to create shots inside without a gimmick. The opposite is true if you have talent and/or a big man.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote