View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 05:00 AM   #19
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Alright time for me to chime in here.

First of all you take Oden all day long and twice on sunday. No offense to Kevin Durrant who imo will turn out to be a great player, but one thing Durrant will never have that Oden does a 7 foot frame.

Please name (other than the Bulls with MJ) the last team to win an NBA title without a dominant center? If you can argue that Durrant will be as good as MJ then fine take Durrant, i dont think he is on that level so i take Oden.

Oden is a game changer he will come in to the NBA and immediately be first team all defense. He will be top 5 in blocks, and top 10 in rebounds. He does need to refine his offensive game a little more but his jump hook is solid.

Kevin Durrant on the other hand reminds me a lot of Tracy Mcgrady. He is a little taller than T-mac but has that type of offensive game. The knock on Durrant is he turns the ball over 3 times a game while only dishing out 1 assist. I know he is not a pg but that is not very good. He also does not play good defense yet.

I think Oden is a 18 and 12 guy in the NBA along with 3 blocks at least per game. While Durrant is a 20 and 10 guy. However Oden will alter a lot more shots and account for at least a 5-8 decrease in opponents scoring. So he becomes the more valuable player imo.

I agree with DD as well that Howard is getting by right now on pure power and athleticism, he gets tons of offensive rebounds and put backs, but has no back to the basket/post game what so ever. If he ever develops that part of his game some NBA records will fall.
I like your take. I will quibble with what you think about Durrant being a 20 and 10. I think that next year he is a 23 and 8 guy, dependent upon what team he is on (number of shots, etc.). But I still think that you take Oden.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote