View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 08:35 PM   #139
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
Read what I wrote.

Satan's plan in the pre-existence was about forcing everyone to be blindly obedient to him. He didn't want the risks of a test, with its choices and subsequent knowledge. Your associating innoculation in the sense of exposure to non-hagiographic Mormon history with Satan has exactly zero scriptural support, prophetic support, and logical support. It's a false association, plain and simple. Worse, you seem to like the idea of blind obedience to authority, and the scriptures be damned.
My perspective is simply my perspective, not doctrine. You are being very careful to delineate Satan's behavior which is a contradiction to an appreciation for alternate voices. I do not think the situation was that cut and dried or black and white. The support for my views exist but I will not discuss it here.

Innoculation is not my word. Earlier on in the discussion I hummed and hawed whether to stick with the word and perhaps that was a poor choice.

I have said nothing about blind obedience and am befuddled by your assertion, for I have only championed the idea of freedom to choose ... ask UtahDan.

Now I've got to take my boys bowling
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote