View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 04:20 AM   #5
Alkili

Alkili is an unknown quantity at this point

I have never really had a problem with polygamy, but when I heard about the already married women, It kind of threw me though a loop. I started looking into it to learn more about the subject and found a site called wives of joseph smith.

I started reading the little bio's of each wife until I read about Fanny Young. I don't know why but reading about her alleviated all of the worry or stress or what ever you would call it, about him. This quote from her made me feel like he really cared about her, more then just any type of need for sexual gradification or something like that.

“Now, don’t talk to me; when I get into the celestial kingdom, if I ever get there, I shall request the privilege of being a ministering angel; that is the labor I wish to perform. I don’t want any companion in that world; and if the Lord will make me a ministering angel, it is all I want.” Joseph replied, “Sister, you talk very foolishly, you do not know what you will want.” and then turned to Brigham, “Here, Brother Brigham, you seal this lady to me.”

I don't know if it will mean anything to you, but it really helped me understand the Prophet better.