View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 06:59 PM   #27
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
The whole thing about it being "aesthetically unpleasing" makes no sense to me. I don't get that.
There are some famous black and white photos of couples in Paris, which is one of my favorite cities btw. The balance between man and woman, the harmony of the physiques, the color contrasts, and everything about the expression of romance, although now trite, remains quite aesthetically pleasing.

Two fat guys going at it, would destroy the symmetry of it. Perhaps we should have a universal law that fat and ugly people should not be seen displaying affection. Do it in the privacy of your home, but please avoid eye polution. We need eye candy, not polution. See, and some of you were concerned I wasn't environmental enough.

Do you ever notice the "guy" in any artistic expression of romance? I just critically analyzed myself, and noticed I subconciously turn off any recognition of a male participating, noticing only the female. It's almost as if one vicariously inserts oneself into one of the roles, so you focus upon your own opposite.