View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 08:38 PM   #16
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Do you honestly think you could wear Ute gear at a BYU game and not get harassed, the answer is of course no. Everyday I wore Ute gear on campus at BYU I would have someone make a comment about it. There are individuals in your precious LES that behave in the same fashion as the Ute fans and Dodger fans you made comments about.
It was my first time in RES, I was minding my own business, and being unfamiliar with the way things work up that way I naively believed that I could go up there and not have full-grown men lose their cool just seeing us in BYU gear. I figured we'd get the cold shoulder from fans, probably a few remarks, even the bird a few times. They exceeded my expectations, and continue to do so. I know better now. I think part of my problem with the yewt fans is that there are usually only a few real over the top jerks, but in a crowd of yewts there's rarely anyone that tells the jerk to sit down and get a grip. They all just sit there in silent support, and I guess they feel like we deserved it because after all "you wore BYU gear, what did you expect?"

Allow me to offer my sincere apologies for the last time a BYU fan screamed the f-word at you for sporting yewt gear at a game, or threw their garbage at you, or flipped you off for it, and my apologies for the last time you got to view a cougar backside at a game. IMO it was entirely uncalled for and they're an embarrassment to the rest of us that try and be decent people.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote