View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #6
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

I'll vouch for Fusnik. I used to think much the way you do, Rocky. Over time, I've changed my opinion. Not only do I think Fusnik is an honest and sincere seeker of truth, I am impressed by the way he consistently refuses to respond when his character is called into question. I don't feel that your criticism is deserved.

As for Fusnik's original question, I think that we are capable of having spiritual experiences every day. The two limiting factors are, I believe, our ability to recognize communication with God, and our willingness to respond to it. There was a phase during my mission where I would ask what I needed to do to obtain some blessing, and I feel that I was answered every time I asked-- until I got tired of having to do so much work.

I believe that if any person prays to ask what God wants them to do, being willing to do whatever it is they need to do (perhaps even having affirmed such willingness beforehand), God gives the answer. To the extent that any person is limited, it is usually because they don't recognize the communication or because they don't want it.

That's not to say there aren't times that God doesn't speak, just because He (apparently) feels that we are capable of doing it on our own, or that we are kept from spiritual experiences only because we are spiritually weak beings.