View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 07:50 AM   #166
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
The only thing I've really advocated here is not to factor God out of the discussion. We've all been talking like Brigham Young, etc. were a bunch of nasty, evil racists, and the God of Heaven just threw his hands up and said, "Can't do much with these bozos ... we'll just have to wait for Spencer!"
What a B.S. characterization of this thread. Please don't put the words nasty, evil and bozos in our mouths. I don't think anyone here has come close to saying those things. I respect all of our prophets very much, even if I find some of their views on race disappointing. This country has a racist history and these men were men and products of their time. To deny there was racism in our church is to make an argument that really can't be defended. To say that racism just might have had something to do with the policy on blacks and the priesthood is at the very least logical. And for heaven's sake, we all know that God's hands weren't tied and that He could have intervened at any time. Some of us just believe that He lets his church work some things out for itself.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote