View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 07:18 PM   #9
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel-Hill-Coug View Post
Many Bible scholars wouldn't know where to find it either. It's just us text critic nerds who would have these kinds of tools. There is a nice series of manuscript collations done by Russell Swanson, arranged by NT book, and collated against the most highly regarded manuscript, Codex Vaticanus (B). While no collation collection is exhaustive (there are just too many mss.), he at least includes the papyri, uncials and most important minuscules. The volume on John is called _New Testament Greek Manuscripts: John_. It is published by Sheffield academic press. So far there are volumes for the Gospels, Acts, Romans, 1 Cor., and Galatians. There is also an ongoing project called the IGNTP (Int'l Greek New Testament Project), which David Parker is currently heading up (Bart Ehrman is also on the board of editors). It has been going on for over 50 years and so far they have only covered the mss tradition exhaustively for Luke (they are going for fully comprehensive collations)! The John volume covering just the papyri[!] is published (the volumes covering the majuscules and minuscules are forthcoming), but I don't own it as I don't have an extra hundred something dollars lying around (and that's just per volume). I believe the Luke volumes were published by Oxford, and the current ones are being published by Brill, which I'm sure you know breaks the bank for scholars with their prices. Ultimately, I'm sure the IGNTP volumes will be even more comprehensive than the Swanson volumes.
[Okay I just found the IGNTP's website: http://www.igntp.org/ ]
I could purchase those, so how do I get them?