View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 12:07 AM   #7
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

You're much too kind. I didn't say I rode them well, I just said that I rode them.

So, what do have up front to go along with your 12/27 combo? Is that a 10 speed Dura Ace set-up? I go with a triple up front, so of course I have to make sure my panties are out of the way when I get on the bike. I think I have a 9 speed ultegra 12/25(?) cassette. It gets the job done, especially when laboring up some of the hills around our hometown.

Another fun ride I did was the Death Ride in Markleville, CA. Its basically a series of 5 mountain passes to climb up and over on your way to 129 miles and 16,000 feet of climbing. They were all between 6-10% grade for 8-12 miles. Real grinders, with absolutely no rest once you start up.

Climbing certainly doesn't play to my strengths, so it was definitely a humbling experience when these toothpick mountain goats go flying by, hardly breaking a sweat. I would've punched this one guy if I could have caught him. He's asking people around him what their HR is, trying to make it sound like this is a brutal climb. I'm suffering along at about 168, when someone finally humors him and askes what his HR is. He says "129, but it feels much higher".

Prick. (Sorry if that was one of you guys)
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote