View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 03:53 AM   #45
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Admittedly I'm extrapolating. It's just imagination. The difference between us is that I don't put Mormonism on any higher moral plain than any other religion. Have you ever tried to imagine your religion as being born and based somewhere outside the United States in a time other than the time in which it was born? I bet not many here have. It's not really even possible to do because, as reflected in the article of faith cited by Il Pad, Mormonism is to such a great extent a product of its time and place. But it is also a product of the past, a reaction to its time and place. It's fundamentally a religion.
Your thoughts in this thread reek of bitterness born of a longing for that which you have forsaken ... the idealism, optimism and truthfulness of the faith of your youth. You have aggressively pruned that part of yourself and it has become a painful sore that requires constant attention. Not because it produces new purposeful growth, which is the bi-product of skillful pruning, but because it aches and remains infected no matter what idea, substance or pleasure you ingest to cure it.

You will return to your faith Seattle. In the back of you mind you know this and hope for it. Why prolong the sorrow and suffering.

Last edited by tooblue; 05-09-2007 at 03:55 AM.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote