View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #15
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

As per Archaea below regarding one of my questions below earlier in the week...I refer him to his own hypocrisy regarding the question he posed in this thread.

05-06-2007, 11:43 PM #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa
When it comes to church doctrine and spiritual matters?

Church leaders or "intellectuals"?

Way to set up a strawman, Rocky. Proper dialogue requires the questions be phrased intelligently with a point.

Your refrain, in that you detest intellectualism without understanding it, is tired.

The tensions of administrative leadership who must govern the masses from the center versus intellectuals, who must help define theology, for purposes of helping persons during times of trial and discovery, are healthy.

We do not need a purely intellectual leadership, we need pragmatic leadership, with an eye to rational thought, empirical observation and faith.

In short, I reject your dichotomy as meaningful. It is a stupid, asinine question, unworthy of response.
"In his old age, all lands revolted against him, and they besieged Akkad. But Sargon went forth to battle and defeated them; he knocked them over and destroyed their vast army. Later, Subartu in their might attacked, but they submitted to his arms, and Sargon settled their habitations, and he smote them grievously." (King 1907: 3)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Archaea : 05-07-2007 at 12:10 AM.