Old 01-18-2006, 05:56 AM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
Perhaps not being articulate enough to make meaningful distinctions, I'll still go where fools go and the brave dare not.

I enjoy Bushman's approach. And intellectual inquiry into things which may not be intellectually solvable is still important.

"Testimony" is important to prompt one to stay interested, to keep focused. Without it, much purpose evaporates. Reine Vernunft, as Kant would call it is very drole, very dry and very empty.

Connection, sublime connection, with Divine through inarticulable sentiments seem to unopen ever so slightly information we once knew in a more complete sense. I imagine most of us do not understand our testimonies, but rather listen to others and have similar experiences thereby articulating them similarly but probably miss much what Divinity is actually trying to communicate. Our minds and spirits are not sensitized enough to distinguish between our wants and desires and His mind.

Yet that is the human condition and the very purpose for which we are here: to unite our minds with him so we can learn what we once knew and to experience the human condition in a truly spiritual sense.

Make any sense?
This reminds me of a passage from Augustine's "Confessions." I'm not kidding. I tried to find it in the online version but couldn't. When I get a chance I'll see if I can locate it in the hard copy I have and post it. It's someting to the effect of humans from the beginning of time catching a passing glimpse of the divine, and there being a strong sense of de ja vu... Now I'm the one being an inarticulate fool. I'll see if I can find it. It's a lovely passage.
I quickly reperused Confessions, or at least a translation thereof, and couldn't find the passage, but I wasn't thinking of it, when I penned my poor words.