Thread: 300
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #17
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
He most certainly can call it 'history' for ALL history is incomplete and the bible is no exception.

Your condescension untoward AA is evidence of the narrow focus and immaturity of your own understanding of the cited history.

Why the pretense? Speak honestly … you believe you are the authority and that his challenge is idiotic.
Truly I don't think AA and I even disagree about the Old Testament or Herodotus. I'd be surprised if we really did. I'm just giving him a hard time because he asked if I'd read Herodotus. My point in response to him here was indeed that he didn't even seem to be disagreeing with me but the tone of his post was surprisingly unfriendly. In the Old Testament thread he clarified that he did not really regard those geneologies as history, but apparently he's still sore at me over that. Oh, we may still disagree about the Greeks' place in the history of the study of science. But now that he's officially a classisist I really very much doubt that we do.

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 05-16-2007 at 07:06 PM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote