View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 04:46 AM   #10
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
I don't know - I think all physical therapists are special.

There are quacks in every profession. Chiropractic seems to have more than their fair share of them. They spend a good portion of their training in alternative, holistic treatment methods. As a result, many extrapolate their education and specialty into areas they ought not to go. Visceral manipulation in one of these areas that I have issue with, among others.

I think they certainly have their place in the medical model. The evidence concerning the validity of adjustments/manipulations/mobilization is out there. However, the bulk of the research is not being done by chiro, but by PTs. Like MRD says, a good chiro can definitely help with spinal mechanical misalignments, just as long as they leave it at that.
I agree with this. It's when the chiro who adjusted me then tells me I need to start taking ultra high doses of vitamin C daily among other things that can only be found at Wild Oats.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote