View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #15
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American View Post
How would the church go about doing that? Affirmative action for General Authority positions?
This would be my question as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
White males frequently find a lack of diversity at the top of any institution to not be a tremendous problem.
Contrary to what Sandra Day O'Connor thinks, I do not believe the goal of racial diversity is of critical importance for anything other than political correctness. An institution can be a racial kaleidescope and still be intellectually monotone.

More to the point, diversity of any kind is not really the church's primary goal (or, dare I say, the Lord's goal). The Jews, the Protestants -- they are comfortable being broken into two dozen pieces and still consider themselves "one" on some strange level. The LDS church is not looking for this kind of "diversity." It's hard to be diverse when you're the "only true church."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
GAs tend to call other people to be GAs that they know and trust. GAs getting out on the world scene more will help,
Is it your contention that GAs are not "getting out on the world scene"?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote