View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 12:53 AM   #24
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I knew I liked you. Somebody with music tastes with which I can relate and remember. :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur
This list may date me, but what the hell.

1. Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
Top to bottom, one of the most solid albums of all time. Not a bad track on the album. If you have never listened to this album stoned, then you have sadly missed out on one of life's unique pleasures..
2. IV - Led Zeppelin
This may be THE classic rock and roll album of all time. The standard by which all other albums are measured. As we speak, the ringtone on my cell phone is Black Dog. Other songs of note: Misty Mountain Hop, Stairway to Heaven (who hasn't made out to Stairway to Heaven?), The Battle of Evermore, Rock and Roll, When the Levee Breaks. It doesn't get any better than this.
3. Sticky Fingers - Rolling Stones
It's almost impossible to single out just one Rolling Stones album, because there so many excellent ones to choose from. This one gets my nod just because Wild Horses and Moonlight Mile are two of my favorite Stones songs, and because the album cover is one of my favorites of all time.
4. Tea for the Tillerman - Cat Stevens
Cat Stevens is, without a doubt, my favorite radical muslim rock and roll singer of all time. It's a shame he got religious, because as a song writer he was in a class of his own. This album contains some classics: Where do the Children Play, Hard Headed Woman, Father and Son, On the Road to Find Out, Miles From Nowhere, Wild World.
5. Rock and Roll Animal - Lou Reed
This album would make the list for no other reason than that the intro for Sweet Jane contains one the best guitar solos ever. This album also holds a special place in my heart because it is the first album that my mother ever threw out (there were more to follow). I think she was willing to overlook the punk/transvestite on the cover, but she drew the line when she saw the track titled Heroin: "When I put a spike into my vein, then I tell you things aren't quite the same...". I'm not sure why she objected to that.

BTW, my avatar is the album cover of one my other favorite albums of all time. Ten points to anyone who can identify it.