View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 07:54 PM   #7
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Can you summarize the Bernard hoax. I wasn't reading the board at the time and I've heard a million references.
We were bored and wanted to mess with Bernard, so we started floating rumors of some big announcement that was coming up re:byu football. People who were not in on it started claiming they heard that too (trying to convince people that they really did have sources) and it even got mentioned on local sports radio. The day that the supposed announcement was coming, there were several board members who had skipped vacations, taken long lunches, etc so they could be online when the announcement came. That link I gave was the post making the announcement (it gave what is now a dead link to bernard4heisman.com) on a site that had tons of photoshopped pictures of bernard, fake quotes from famous athletes/coaches , etc. It all started out as a way to just mess with bernard, but it really ballooned and there were a lot of pissed off people that had been speculating what the announcement would be for the previous week.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote